This is a grain-free, fat-free, vegan SWEET POTATO crust, which is based off my original recipe for a potato crust pizza which you can find here.
That link will provide you with the fat-free “cheese” topping, as well!
I made this modified version last night for the first time and I am super in love.
If you crave a little more sweetness to the overall taste of your pizza, this does it!
The only drawback is that because sweet potatoes are not as water-rich as potatoes, you will need to add water to your blender to get it into a liquid consistency— and then strain it all out...
If you have a Vitamix you can probably get away with not adding water. I have a Ninja and definitely needed to add a little.
But trust me, the extra effort is worth it!
This recipe makes 1 mini pizza. Double it for a full size!
2 sweet potatoes (medium size)
1 russet potato (small size)
Oven: 425 degrees | Time: 20-30 minutes
1. Peel your sweet and russet potatoes.
2. Place in a high speed blender + liquify.
Tip: If you don’t have a Vitamix you will need to add extra water. Add a little at a time. I used about 1/8 cup. The less water, the better!
3. Strain liquid through a fine muslin or cotton cloth. Squeeze out all the water you can! You will want to get your “dough” as dry as possible otherwise you will have a soggy crust.
4. Using your fingers, spread the dough out into a pizza like shape. Aim for a 1/4 inch thickness. Make sure your edges aren’t super thin, otherwise they will burn!
5. Start checking it around the 15 minute point to be sure your edges aren’t burning. Mine takes 25 minutes total time. You can flip it around 20 minutes to ensure an even bake.
6. Add your toppings and enjoy! [sidenote: I did not add the pizza seasoning to the crust like in my first recipe, so in this one you can simply sprinkle Frontier Co-Op Pizza Spice right on top — or add it to your cheese topping]
Don’t forget to check out My Grain Free Fat Free Vegan Pizza for topping ideas and a fat-free cheese recipe!
Also, please tag me on Instagram @beautifruitful so I can ogle your beautiful works of art!
You can also peep my stories there, for so many beautiful pizza creations from the community.
Enjoy your pizza and be well!
If you liked this recipe, check out THE GLOW CLUB for more healing recipes that keep you beautiful inside and out!